commons-user mailing list archives

From Trasca Virgil <virgil_tra...@yahoo.com>
Subject [daemon] Wrap batch(*.bat) files as windows service
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 06:32:45 GMT
Hi,

 There is a java application which is running as a server and currently there
are two bat files to start and stop the server - startServer.bat and
shutServer.bat

The startServer.bat is using ant launcher to start the java application.

I am trying to wrap those 2 bat files as a windows service using Apache Commons
Daemon. Is this possible?

I am trying to build the service without writing any additional java code.
Should it be possible using commons daemon to wrap bat files as a windows
service? Is there any example available anywhere?

Thank you,
Virgil