commons-user mailing list archives

From Narendran MC <nare...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Jexl] Problem using BigDecimal divide and compare
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 01:33:30 GMT
Thanks Henri.

My understanding of MathContext is it allows you to specify the significant
digits.
Here is a related thread --
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2529526/bigdecimal-division-mathcontext-very-strange-behaviour

So if that understanding is correct, providing a comparison MathContext will
not solve the problem. Probably, a comparison scale, rounding mode,
would help.

Also curious to know about the issue that I mentioned in the equals method
in JexlArithmetic.

Thanks again.