commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Voigt <michael.vo...@web.de>
Subject [Net] problem connecting to ProFTP with FTPES
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 09:39:08 GMT
Hi all,

I have a problem with the FTPClient connecting to a ProFTPD server.

If the server uses the configuration option "TLSProtocol TLSv1", I
cannot connect to it at all. I recieve the following error message:
- javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection

On the server side I see in the log:
unable to accept TLS connection: protocol error:
-  (1) error:14094416:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert
certificate unknown
- TLS/TLS-C negotiation failed on control channel

If the server uses the configuration option "TLSProtocol SSLv23", I
can connect to it but I cant transfer any files. In the server log I
see:
- starting TLS negotiation on data connection
- TLSv1/SSLv3 renegotiation accepted, using cipher RC4-MD5 (128 bits)
- client did not reuse SSL session, rejecting data connection (see
TLSOption NoSessionReuseRequired)
- unable to open data connection: TLS negotiation failed

If I add the NoSessionReuseRequired parameter to the ProFTPD config
everything works fine.

Now my question is if it is generally possible to connect to a server
with "TLSProtocol TLSv1" or "TLSProtocol SSLv23" without the
"NoSessionReuseRequired" parameter? Could someone provide a piece of
example code for this?

Kind regards,
Michael