commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Voigt <michael.vo...@web.de>
Subject Re: [Net] problem connecting to ProFTP with FTPES
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 13:34:41 GMT
I'm using commons-net 2.2, Java 1.5, ProFTPD 1.3.3d, No, the server is
not publicly accessible, but I could send the config file.

My code:

		FTPClient ftpClient = new FTPClient();
		ftpClient = new FTPSClient("TLS");

		// this throws an exception with TLSProtocol TLSv1
		ftpClient.connect(host, port);

		int reply = ftpClient.getReplyCode();
		if (!FTPReply.isPositiveCompletion(reply)) {
			ftpClient.disconnect();
			log.error("The FTP Server did not return a positive completion reply!");
			throw new FtpTransferException(ECCUtils.ERROR_FTP_CONNECTION);
		}

		boolean loginSuccessful = ftpClient.login(userName, password);
		if (!loginSuccessful) {
			log.error("Login to the FTP Server failed! The credentials are not valid.");
			throw new FtpTransferException(ECCUtils.ERROR_FTP_LOGIN);
		}

		ftpClient.execPBSZ(0);
		ftpClient.execPROT("P");

		boolean success = ftpClient.storeFile(fileName, fis);
		if (!success) {
			// this is false if "NoSessionReuseRequired" is not set
		}