commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Usage of send tag
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 18:55:45 GMT
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Artem Vovk <vovk.artem@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>        i have a simple send tag:
>
>         <send event="response" target="VUI"  targettype="basichttp" / >
>
>         On Apache Commons side i have used JEXL as Evaluator, if I start my machine
and execute this tag i receive WARNING: <send> target expression "VUI" evaluated to
null or empty String. Why does it happens? Should I "register" each target which I use somewhere
in scxml?

<snip/>

You'll need single quotes around the event name like so (its treated
as an expression - spaces added below for readability):

   <send event=" 'response' " ... / >

>         Another quesiotion: can I send something like JSON Object from scxml?

<snap/>

What you can send is only limited by what you make available in the
state machine's context. You could:
(a) Make such an Object available in the state machine's context
(b) Make a JEXL function available in the context that returns a JSON
object/string representation

-Rahul