commons-user mailing list archives

From Jim Seymour <jseym...@LinxNet.com>
Subject Re: Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 02:41:05 GMT
On Wed, 11 May 2011 20:43:41 -0400
Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Jim-
>
> it seems you have a 3 Classloaders at play
> System (configured at startup of command shell)
> catalina (usually hardcoded at $CATALINA_HOME/lib)
> webapp (usually hardcoded at $CATALINA_HOME/webappname/WEB-INF/lib
>
> since jsvc.exe is being started at command line and only has
> knowledge of system classloader I would load the jar there first vi
> /home/jim/.bashrc for bash
> /home/jim/.cshrc for cshell
> /home/jim/.tcsh for tshell
>
> export
> CLASSPATH=/usr/java/lib/tools.jar:/usr/local/share/tomcat6/bin/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/local/share/tomcat6/bin/bootstrap.jar:$CLASSPATH

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the follow-up.

The startup script "tomcat" has:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java
CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/share/tomcat6

and...

CLASSPATH=\
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar

and...

case "$1" in
  start)
    #
    # Start Tomcat
    #
    $DAEMON_HOME/jsvc \
    -cp $CLASSPATH \

*However*, I forgot this one thing: One thing I commented-out,
because I didn't know what to do with it and the docs didn't mention
it, was...

#CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.library.path=/home/jfclere/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jni/
native/.libs"

The only thing in the "system" CLASSPATH, set during startup, is a
PostgreSQL JDBC class.  Root doesn't get that and I don't believe
it's needed atm.  (Tho ICBW.  I'm no Java expert.  I'm kinda thowin'
darts blindfolded, here ;).)

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is