commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Thorburn <nzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] FileMonitor. How to deal with a huge file whom copy is longer than file monitor checkAndNotify call frequency
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:09:21 GMT
I believe that is how rsync works on Linux too, for example, - when
copying, it creates a hidden file with some random suffix added to the
file name, and then when the transfer is complete it will just rename
the file. At which point, I would assume you'd be notified that the
file was there.

- Andrew