commons-user mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester] digester performance..
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:45:20 GMT
Hi Patrick,
if the Digester program you're speaking about is the one you pasted
here time ago... well, there were a lot of optimization missed. For
example I suggested you using the Lucene rules instead of storing all
the properties in a POJO then creating the Lucene Document, in that
way you limit the amount of stored data.

When parsing large XML document - like your case - I suggest you
mapping to Object as less as possible and stream more.

HTH,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

2011/4/5 Weiwei Wang <ww.wang.cs@gmail.com>:
> I don't not think your program becomes slower because you are not using
> Digester, RAM should be much faster. Suggest you make your main part of your
> program simple and paste it in the email so as others can help
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Patrick Diviacco <patrick.diviacco@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> I've a java app and I've stopped to use Digester recently because all my
>> data is now kept in RAM and I don't need to write/parse xml files anymore.
>>
>> However, since I don't use Digester and external xml files, the performance
>> of my app got worse.
>>
>> I now have the same data stored in a ArrayList<ArrayList<String>> and
I'm