commons-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Diviacco <patrick.divia...@gmail.com>
Subject [digester] digester performance..
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:08:37 GMT
hi,

I've a java app and I've stopped to use Digester recently because all my
data is now kept in RAM and I don't need to write/parse xml files anymore.

However, since I don't use Digester and external xml files, the performance
of my app got worse.

I now have the same data stored in a ArrayList<ArrayList<String>> and I'm
iterate them with a for cycle.

Before they were in a xml file with the following structure:

<collection>
<doc>
<field1></field1>
..
</doc>
..
</collection>

Is really Digester much faster in iterating my data from xml file than a for
loop iterating an ArrayList with the same content?

thanks