commons-user mailing list archives

From Hemal Pandya <hemal.pan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] Apache Tailer prevents log4j from creating backup files?
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 03:37:32 GMT
[I Just realized the list allows posts from non-subscribers, but
following up on an existing post is not easy. Hopefully this will land
up in the same thread]

> OS? Java version? IO version?

I am developing on Windows XP SP2 but it would be deployed on Windows
Server 08. Java version is 1.6.0, _20 or higher. I downloaded the
latest common-io yesterday, commons-io-2.0.1.

Thanks
Hemal

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Hemal Pandya <hemal.pandya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use Apache Tailer for a utility that processes log file entries.
>
> My log4j configuration creates backup files when the max file size has been reached.
It seems the Tailer is correctly handling the file roll over without missing any lines but
log4j is no longer creating the .1 etc back-up files. I suspect it is a conflict between with
how Tailer has opened the file and how log4j created backups.