commons-user mailing list archives

From Ricardo Duval <>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Problems with BeanUtilsBean : Convert Date to String
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:14:02 GMT
Yes, I have David,

First of all, due to the nature of the treatment I was supposed to make, I
created a custom DateConverter implementing
org.apache.commons.beanutils.Converter. That being said I just created a new
BeanUtilsBean passing as constructor parameter the ConvertUtilsBean this

    public static BeanUtilsBean createBeanUtils() {
        ConvertUtilsBean convertUtilsBean = new ConvertUtilsBean();
        convertUtilsBean.register(new ProdinDateConverter(), Date.class);
        return new BeanUtilsBean(convertUtilsBean);

My ProdinDateConverter uses DateUtils because I can receive the string
representation of a date in a zillion different formats. And of course I
created a new instance and didn't use the global one because the conversion
was supposed to happen only in a signle application tier.

Hope it helps.