commons-user mailing list archives

From Hemal Pandya <hemal.pan...@gmail.com>
Subject [io] Apache Tailer prevents log4j from creating backup files?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 17:04:39 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use Apache Tailer for a utility that processes log file
entries.

My log4j configuration creates backup files when the max file size has been
reached. It seems the Tailer is correctly handling the file roll over
without missing any lines but log4j is no longer creating the .1 etc back-up
files. I suspect it is a conflict between with how Tailer has opened the
file and how log4j created backups.

Does anybody else have similar experience? Is it a usage error on my part?

Thanks in advance for any answers, pointers or suggestions.