commons-user mailing list archives

From John Reilly <johnreilly...@googlemail.com>
Subject [exec] DefaultExecutor stalling.
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:13:08 GMT
Hi,

I have a patch that needs to run commands on a windows 2003 machine
from inside a jar file. I'm using commons-exec to run these commands.
There is an existing servlet on the machine that continuously runs
commands using ProcessBuilder (Im in the process of changing this to
commons-exec).
When the patch runs it gets blocked at the follwing line
DefaultExecutor executor = new DefaultExecutor();
When I restart the servlet the patch runs fine to completion.

So the servlet code is blocking the patch.
Is there anyway I can detect what is blocking from within the patch code.

John