commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester] NullPointerException
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:08:08 GMT
Nice! :)
As a side note: I'd like to ask you to test the Digester3 on
Sandbox[1], any feedback would be very appreciated :)
Many thanks in advance, have a nice day,
Simo

[1] http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/digester3/

http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/
http://www.99soft.org/



On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Patrick Diviacco
<patrick.diviacco@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool thanks, solved.
>
> On 1 April 2011 01:00, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Patrick,
>> just replace
>>
>> 71    digester.addObjectCreate("collection", XMLReader.class);
>>
>> with
>>
>>    digester.push(this);
>>
>>
>>
>> Otherwise
>>
>> 30    ArrayList<ArrayList<String>> docs;
>>
>> with
>>
>> 30    ArrayList<ArrayList<String>> docs = new
>> ArrayList<ArrayList<String>>();
>>
>> and remove line 64
>>
>> I suggest you the first option
>>
>> Simo
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/
>> http://www.99soft.org/
>>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Patrick Diviacco
>> <patrick.diviacco@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Sure, here you are
>> >
>> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72686/trainSmall.xml
>> >
>> > and
>> >
>> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72686/testSmall.xml
>> >
>> > I was wondering if the issue is that XMLReader has been created as static
>> > object...
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >
>> >
>> > On 1 April 2011 00:26, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi Patrick,
>> >> can you link also to the XML you're trying to parse?
>> >> Simo
>> >>
>> >> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/
>> >> http://www.99soft.org/
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Patrick Diviacco
>> >> <patrick.diviacco@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> > Hi,
>> >> >
>> >> > I'm trying to store the content of a xml file into memory but for some
>> >> > reason I get following NullPointerException.. (this is the code:
>> >> > http://pastie.org/1740948):
>> >> >
>> >> > Clusterer...
>> >> > Reading XML...
>> >> > Mar 31, 2011 10:19:17 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester
>> endElement
>> >> > SEVERE: End event threw exception
>> >> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> >> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> >> > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:220)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.end(Rule.java:257)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1345)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:601)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1782)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2938)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1871)
>> >> > at XMLReader.read(XMLReader.java:74)
>> >> > at Clusterer.<init>(Clusterer.java:49)
>> >> > at Main.main(Main.java:11)
>> >> > Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> >> > at XMLReader$FlickrCollection.addDocument(XMLReader.java:108)
>> >> > ... 22 more
>> >> > java.lang.NullPointerException
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:3363)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:3389)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1348)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:601)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1782)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2938)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
>> >> > Reading XML...
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1871)
>> >> > at XMLReader.read(XMLReader.java:74)
>> >> > at Clusterer.<init>(Clusterer.java:49)
>> >> > at Main.main(Main.java:11)
>> >> > Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> >> > at XMLReader$FlickrCollection.addDocument(XMLReader.java:108)
>> >> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> >> > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:220)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.end(Rule.java:257)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1345)
>> >> > ... 14 more
>> >> > Mar 31, 2011 10:19:17 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester
>> endElement
>> >> > SEVERE: End event threw exception
>> >> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> >> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> >> > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:220)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.end(Rule.java:257)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1345)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:601)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1782)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2938)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1871)
>> >> > at XMLReader.read(XMLReader.java:74)
>> >> > at Clusterer.<init>(Clusterer.java:50)
>> >> > at Main.main(Main.java:11)
>> >> > Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> >> > at XMLReader$FlickrCollection.addDocument(XMLReader.java:108)
>> >> > ... 22 more
>> >> > java.lang.NullPointerException
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:3363)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:3389)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1348)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:601)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1782)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2938)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1871)
>> >> > at XMLReader.read(XMLReader.java:74)
>> >> > at Clusterer.<init>(Clusterer.java:50)
>> >> > at Main.main(Main.java:11)
>> >> > Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> >> > at XMLReader$FlickrCollection.addDocument(XMLReader.java:108)
>> >> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> >> > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> >> > at
>> >> >
>> >>
>> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:220)
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.end(Rule.java:257)
>> >> > []
>> >> > []
>> >> > at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1345)
>> >> > ... 14 more
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>> >> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>>
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message