commons-user mailing list archives

From Des Reid <des.r...@ed.ac.uk>
Subject [dbcp] JOCL example file error?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:46:52 GMT
I've just been setting up database connection pooling by following the
JOCLPoolingDriverExample.java file on your example page here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/dbcp/trunk/doc/
That page also provides an example configuration file called
poolingDriverExample.jocl.sample.
In following the example I kept seeing the error message 'Could not
parse configuration file'.
I believe that the message is a red herring, and the actual error came
from this line in the jocl file

<object class="org.apache.commons.pool.StackKeyedObjectPoolFactory">

which should read

<object
class="org.apache.commons.pool.impl.StackKeyedObjectPoolFactory">

[note the 'impl' missing in the original]

When I inserted the 'impl' part, my example started running correctly.
If I'm right (please correct me if I'm not), then there is an error in
your example jocl file which may be throwing others, and it would be
worth correcting on the example page.