commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Adding Nodes in certain position
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:02:58 GMT
Hi Sergio,

Am 20.04.2011 16:03, schrieb Sergio Criales:
> Hi There,
>
> I want to add a node before another node, but in the API I wasn' t
> able to find how to do it, please any ideas to do this???
>
> Sergio Criales

this is indeed a good question! With the standard API defined by the
Configuration interface there does not seem to be an obvious solution
for this problem. All methods for adding properties append the new
node(s) to existing ones.

Also the ConfigurationNode API (which represents the nodes stored in a
hierarchical configuration) does not support inserting a child node at a
specified position.

Obviously, nobody had this requirement before. Does anybody else have an
idea?

Oliver