commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Math] MultivariateRealOptimizer: how to use commons math to solve linear programming problems
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:32:59 GMT
Le 15/04/2011 11:12, Piotr Kolanowski a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for examples for MultivariateRealOptimizer. I've been
> reading the available
> documentation but unfortunately I still have no clue how to use it.
>
> I would like to maximize following example objective function:
>
> 5x1 + 13x2 + 11x3
>
> constrained by:
>
> x1 + 3x2 + x3  <= 22,
> x1 + x2 + 3x3 <= 50,
>
> where all x >= 0
>
> Could anyone point me to examples, documentation on how to use commons math to
> solve linear programming problems?

You should use the SimplexSolver class in the optimization.linear
package. It seems we forgot to put this in the user guide :-(.
You can find example code in the unit tests in the source distribution.
see for example
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math/optimization/linear/SimplexSolverTest.java?view=markup>.

Luc