commons-user mailing list archives

From Bernard Maassen <>
Subject [pool]
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 14:49:33 GMT
I've run into a strange problem.
When I initiate my database connections I see the following behavior:

1st connection from the pool is created instantly
all other connections are created really slowly, it seems every 5 second 1 new connection
gets connected.
When all connections are connected to the db, everything works like it should.

The waiting connection requests all are in the same state:
java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
                at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
                at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(
                - locked <0x0000000741c54170> (a org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool$Latch)
                at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(
                at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(
                at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(

It seems like one gets revived every 5 sec, and then connects to the db.

My question is if it is possible to change this internal wait of 5 sec?