commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jimmy Zhang" <crack...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [digester] digester performance..
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:24:24 GMT
Have you considered using xpath instead of digester?

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Diviacco
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 4:08 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: [digester] digester performance..

hi,

I've a java app and I've stopped to use Digester recently because all my
data is now kept in RAM and I don't need to write/parse xml files anymore.

However, since I don't use Digester and external xml files, the performance
of my app got worse.

I now have the same data stored in a ArrayList<ArrayList<String>> and I'm
iterate them with a for cycle.

Before they were in a xml file with the following structure:

<collection>
<doc>
<field1></field1>
..
</doc>
..
</collection>

Is really Digester much faster in iterating my data from xml file than a for
loop iterating an ArrayList with the same content?

thanks