commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Reseting a connection in RDCP
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 19:48:19 GMT
I think you just defined a clean way to do that :) You should create a JIRA with all the details.
Patches are welcome as usual ;)

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Fernando O. [mailto:fotero@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 15:37 PM
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: Reseting a connection in RDCP

Hi All
    I'm evaluating RDCP for a project. We need to be able to reset a connection on an error,
meaning: if an error occurs I want to close a connection , take it out of the pool, and get
a new one (not an existing
one) into the pool and get that connection.
Something like

Connection conn = connectionPool.reset(oldConnection);

Most of the time I wil use connection.close(), but just in some rare cases I need to do a
reset :(.

Is there a clean way to do that?