commons-user mailing list archives

From Henrique Seganfredo <henrique.seganfr...@bcb.gov.br>
Subject RES: RES: [cli] Example using of option with two mandatory arguments
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:37:27 GMT
OK Emmanuel, thanks for the feedback.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Emmanuel Bourg [mailto:ebourg@apache.org]
Enviada em: terça-feira, 1 de março de 2011 08:55
Para: Commons Users List
Assunto: Re: RES: [cli] Example using of option with two mandatory arguments

Hi Henrique,

Le 26/02/2011 00:17, Henrique Seganfredo a écrit :

> Any idea? Isn´t this the expected behavior? I am confused, does Commons-CLI supports
or not multiple arguments for an option?

There are two parts in Commons CLI: the parser and the help formatter.

The parser analyses the input of the command line. It handles multiple
arguments for an option as specified at the creation of the Option with
the OptionBuilder.

The help formatter displays a list of the options available for the
command. It can only display a single argument per option.

Emmanuel Bourg