commons-user mailing list archives

From Beryle Simmons <Beryle.Simm...@RaymondJames.com>
Subject RE: [daemon] JSVC error Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:14:29 GMT
Thanks, we are trying to compile on a solaris 10 32 bit container though, the JSVC executable
builds but throws the "wrong ELF CLASS ELF64" error.  We haven't tried compiling with Sun
Studio though, we will try compiling the normal way with Sun Studio and see what happens.

BS

-----Original Message-----
From: Mladen Turk [mailto:mturk@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 2:02 AM
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: Re: [daemon] JSVC error Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader

On 03/10/2011 04:45 PM, Beryle Simmons wrote:
> Has anyone been able to compile and run JSVC on solaris 10/sparc hardware after version
1.0.1?  Just wondering if it's a patch or environment issue on our servers or a code problem.

Yes.

Can you try recompiling the jsvc with
./configure --build=sparcv9-sun-solaris2.10 CFLAGS=-m64
make
(Using SunStudio 12.2 - it's free)

jsvc on sparc will try to use the sparc instead sparcv9 jvm.so
(see DAEMON-45 jira) due to crapy autotools.

Regards
--
^TM