commons-user mailing list archives

From Beryle Simmons <Beryle.Simm...@RaymondJames.com>
Subject RE: [daemon] JSVC error Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 18:08:25 GMT
One last input, I downloaded the jsvc 1.0.1 source code (daemon-1.0.1.tar.gz) from your website,
compiled on the below machine and it works fine.  It seems that after version 1.0.1, we can't
compile and run JSVC on solaris 10/sparc.

Beryle Simmons
System Administrator
Raymond James and Associates
work:  75928 or 727-567-5928  cell:  813-417-5569

-----Original Message-----
From: Beryle Simmons
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:51 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: RE: [daemon] JSVC error Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader

Doing more testing, I've been able to successfully compile and run JSVC 1.0.5 on OpenSolaris
20096 (equivalent to Solaris 10) on an intel platform with no problem just by following the
instructions.  This problem seems to be specific to the sparc architecture.  I've tried on
two different sparc based servers with the same problem.