commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [fileupload] Parse fails when Content-Type header starts with a leading space
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:16:38 GMT
On 21 March 2011 20:51, Travis Shepherd <travis.shepherd@kofax.com> wrote:
> Resending as I was not subscribed initially - forgive me if this is a duplicate message.
>
> I'm using commons fileupload to parse a multipart upload request generated by a third
party.  Their header for a file post looks like this (from TCP trace):

> ------------------------------8cdb60c121688fc
>
> (note the leading space on the Content-Type line).  When parsing this request with fileupload,
I end up with a FileItem object with the following properties:
> FieldName: ScanData000
> Content Type: null
> Name: "abc.tif" Content-Type: image/tiff
> Value: <binary image content>
>
> Note that the value of FileItem.getName()contains literal quotation marks as well as
the text "Content-Type: image/tiff"

> Is this a bug in the parser, or is the generated HTTP post invalid (and if invalid, based
on what RFC etc?).  If it is invalid, I can try to go back to the third party and ask for
a fix.

Bug in the 3rd party product:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc822#section-3.4.2

Leading space means it is a continuation line, so FileUpload is
behaving properly.

> -Travis
>

> Travis Shepherd
> Project Lead, SW Engineer
> Kofax, Inc.
>
> 15211 Laguna Canyon Road
> Irvine, CA 92618
> United States
>
> Tel: +1 (949) 783-1209
> Fax: +1 (949) 727-3144
> travis.shepherd@kofax.com

> This communication is only for the use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential
or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender via phone and destroy this communication immediately.