commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Patrick Diviacco <patrick.divia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [digester] java.lang.NullPointerException only for a specific file
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:14:46 GMT
And these are the files:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72686/test.xml

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72686/train.xml

thanks

On 28 March 2011 14:13, Patrick Diviacco <patrick.diviacco@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a 74MB xml document and I've split it into 2 docs:52MB and 22MB
> respectively.
>
> I'm parsing the file using common Digester library, and everything works
> perfectly for the small file, but I  get a NullPointerExceptio with the big
> one.
>
> I don't think the issue is the code because it works for the small file...
> I guess the problem is with the file itself.
>
> I've parsed the files with the same parser, so I don't think the files have
> issues either.
>
> In conclusion I dunno where the issue is. This is the code:
> http://pastie.org/1726063
>
> This is the exception
> SEVERE: End event threw exception
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
>  at org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:220)
> at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.end(Rule.java:257)
>  at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1345)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:601)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1782)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2938)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
> at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1871)
>  at CentroidGenerator.main(CentroidGenerator.java:137)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at CentroidGenerator.nextItem(CentroidGenerator.java:62)
>  ... 19 more
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:3363)
>  at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:3389)
> at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1348)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:601)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1782)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2938)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
>  at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1871)
> at CentroidGenerator.main(CentroidGenerator.java:137)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at CentroidGenerator.nextItem(CentroidGenerator.java:62)
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)
>  at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>  at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
> at org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:220)
>  at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.end(Rule.java:257)
> at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1345)
>  ... 12 more
>
> thanks
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message