commons-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] getting java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:11:22 GMT
2011/3/23 Randy Paries <rtparies@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> I have a stringBuilder Object that has the xml below::
> when i try to do
> Appointments a = (Appointments)digester.parse( sBuf.toString() );
> i get the exception ::
> java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
>
> Can someone give me a little insight what i may be doing wrong

Digester version = ?

JavaDoc:
http://commons.apache.org/digester/commons-digester-2.1/docs/api/org/apache/commons/digester/Digester.html#parse%28java.lang.String%29

The URI argument of Digester.parse(String) is the URI, i.e.
"identifier", address of a document that you are trying to parse.

If you have the document already as a String in memory, use
Digester.parse(Reader) with a StringReader.

> Thanks

> <remind>
> (...)
> </remind>