commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] JSVC error Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 07:02:19 GMT
On 03/07/2011 09:31 PM, Beryle Simmons wrote:
> I'm having a problem with JSVC in solaris 10.  We are using it to run tomcat 5.5 and
successfully compiled and ran JSVC version 1.0.1 running tomcat 5.5.29.  due to security bugs
in tomcat, we need to upgrade to tomcat  5.5.33.  I downloaded and copied the tomcat tar.gz
file over to the solaris server, gunzipped and un tarred it.  I compiled JSVC from the source
code provided in the tomcat bin folder (commons-daemon-native.tar.gz).  This was version 1.0.5.
 The ./configure and make ran fine, but I get the below error when trying to run it with the
startup script or from the command line with:

> ./jsvc    -debug   -cp /opt/tomcat5/bin/bootstrap.jar     org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
>

> Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader

Add the daemon .jar to the classpath just like you would
do with the standard java launcher

Regards
--
^TM