commons-user mailing list archives

From Travis Shepherd <travis.sheph...@kofax.com>
Subject [fileupload] Parse fails when Content-Type header starts with a leading space
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:51:31 GMT
Resending as I was not subscribed initially - forgive me if this is a duplicate message.

I'm using commons fileupload to parse a multipart upload request generated by a third party.
 Their header for a file post looks like this (from TCP trace):

------------------------------8cdb60c121688fc

(note the leading space on the Content-Type line).  When parsing this request with fileupload,
I end up with a FileItem object with the following properties:
FieldName: ScanData000
Content Type: null
Name: "abc.tif" Content-Type: image/tiff
Value: <binary image content>

Note that the value of FileItem.getName()contains literal quotation marks as well as the text

Is this a bug in the parser, or is the generated HTTP post invalid (and if invalid, based
on what RFC etc?).  If it is invalid, I can try to go back to the third party and ask for
a fix.

-Travis

Travis Shepherd
Project Lead, SW Engineer
Kofax, Inc.

15211 Laguna Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92618
United States

Tel: +1 (949) 783-1209
Fax: +1 (949) 727-3144
travis.shepherd@kofax.com

This communication is only for the use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential
or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender via phone and destroy this communication immediately.