commons-user mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <>
Subject Re: maximum number of iterations reached
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:38:55 GMT

[Please add a "[Math]" marker in the subject line of posts about the Commons
Math project; this will raise the likelihood that the right people will
notice your message.]

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 04:36:53PM +0800, Thomas Anderson wrote:
> When using NormalDistributionImpl calss, I encounter the error throwing message
> org.apache.commons.math.ConvergenceException: maximum number of
> iterations reached
>         at org.apache.commons.math.special.Gamma.regularizedGammaP(
>         at org.apache.commons.math.special.Erf.erf(
>         at org.apache.commons.math.distribution.NormalDistributionImpl.cumulativeProbability(
>         at mypackage.Myclass.add(
>         at mypackage.Myclass.$
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(
>         at
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(
>         at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$
>         at
> The value provided in cumulativeProbability is a double of current
> time subtracting previous timestamped e.g. t_now - t_prev
> What might cause this issue or how to fix it?

I don't know, but a good staring point would be to provide a fully working
unit test that demonstrates the problem, and attach it to a new issue in the
project's bug tracking page:

Thanks and best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: