commons-user mailing list archives

From "Vanneste, Karl" <KVanne...@Collegeboard.org>
Subject [jexl]
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:12:17 GMT
Hello,
We are replacing JEL with JEXL in an upcoming release.  JEL was a similar Java Expression
Language tool.  We are replacing it with JEXL because we experienced memory leaks in JEL,
and it looks like JEL is no longer being supported.

Is JEXL still being supported?

Have you seen equivalent memory leaks?

What is the JEXL user base like?

When I start up my app, I want to parse my set of expressions to see if they will work properly.
 There were several notes about the "parser" class - that maybe we should not use it.  I would
like to use it like this - is this ok?

        Parser parser = new Parser(new StringReader(";"));
        try {
            parser.parse(new StringReader(expression), null);
        }
        catch (ParseException e) {
            LogWriter.logMessageToFile("compileJelRule: ParseException emerged from Jexl compiled
code\nSee " + e.getMessage());
            buildParserErrorMessage(baseRule, expression,  e.getMessage());
            result = Boolean.FALSE;
        }

Thank you,

Karl Van Neste