commons-user mailing list archives

From Joe Littlejohn <joelittlej...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jci] Can someone please make a 1.1 release?
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:24:19 GMT
I did notice that the trunk build currently requires jdk 1.5. Using
jdk 6 the javac compiler implementation doesn't work and some tests
fail (I believe this is down to JCI-43). I note that the reason I can
compile trunk using jdk 1.5 is that the JSR-199 compiler is currently
not include as a module in the parent pom (it's commented out)

Maybe it's best to leave JSR-199 support aside for now? It's clear
that it's going to require some thought on how to maintain Java 1.5
compatibility whilst delivering a JSR-199 based compiler
implementation.

Given that a JSR-199 compiler was pegged for v1.1, maybe a build of
the current trunk would be better tagged as v1.0.1?