commons-user mailing list archives

From Jon Smith <jons26...@gmail.com>
Subject [configuration] individual expression engines in combined configuration
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 00:46:30 GMT
Hi,

I don't get the individual expression engines to work in a combined
configuration. For example:

<configuration>
  <additional>
    <xml fileName="myfile.xml"/>
    <xml fileName="otherfile.xml"><expressionEngine
config-class="...XPathExpressionEngine"/></xml>
  </additional>
</configuration

Above file still uses DefaultExpressionEngine (i.e., I have to use default
expressions to get values out instead of xpath for properties found in
second file). I am using 1.6.

The fetchNodeList() method, in HierarchicalConfiguration class, calls
getExpressionEngine() of CombinedConfiguration but not of the individual
configuration this key is found in.

User Guide says that both global expression engines, and local, are
possible.

Any pointers to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.