commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [jci] Can someone please make a 1.1 release?
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:38:03 GMT
> So its probably a goal for JCI 2.0 to be a full working (and easier)
> adapter to JSR199?

It's just a compiler implementation.
That does not need to come in a major version bump.

> I already read the impl is part of JDK and I was wondering if JCI will
> stop development and is in maintenance mode for the old JDKs

TBH ... I was thinking the same. Until Joe asked for a release :)

The JSR199 API sucks so badly - maybe it does warrant to have a nicer
API bridge.
Not sure. I am going back and forth on that.

Guess it just needs someone to drive this ...and I am not that much
interested in this anymore.