commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <>
Subject Re: [jci] Can someone please make a 1.1 release?
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:22:22 GMT
Sorry for the late answer.

> I have built the trunk and installed a 1.1-SNAPSHOT to my local
> repository - this solves the problem so I really just need what's in
> trunk to be available in a release.

> As an aside, I was having some
> unit test failures during the JCI build so I had to run with
> -DskipTests=true.

Sounds like we could do a 1.0.1 with minimal changes.
But we need to get the unit tests to pass.
The build system might need some updates too.

> I don't have any particular preference for using the javac compiler,
> I'm happy to use the eclipse. In 1.0, however, the eclipse compiler
> arguments are overwritten and there's no way to extend the JCI types
> to stop this happening as far as I can tell due to the access
> modifiers on the relevant classes & methods. If you could make a 1.1
> release (or 1.0.1) I think this would make what's there much more
> useful (even if there are no more releases in future).

There are a couple of things I would like to see for 1.1.
And I do have some uncommitted changes on disk.
But it seems to be some work to get this all out.

> In terms of contribution... what do you need? If you point me in the
> direction of some tasks I'd be happy to take a look.

I've update the TODOs

Happy elaborate if you got questions.

> Just don't ask me
> to implement the JSR-199 based compiler for JCI - I've wrestled with
> that API a couple of times now and lost :D

Haha :) I know. I admit I was on the expert group for that.
...and I told them it sucks (in nicer words) but the wouldn't listen.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message