commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jci] Can someone please make a 1.1 release?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:00:27 GMT
Hey Joe,

> I've been trying to use the commons-jci project (both the javac and
> eclipse compilers) but I've hit many bugs that I just can't work
> around. I know the trunk contains some relevant fixes, but there is no
> SNAPSHOT build in the apache snapshots repo.

So you built trunk and it works for you?

The javac compiler is quite a hack and should probably be deprecated.
IIRC it also does not work with newer JDKs.
For that it would be so great to get the jsr199 compiler working.

> - Could someone kick off a 1.1 release of JCI to get the latest
> changes into a release version?

I'll try to help.

> - Also, is this project dead? (would be a shame since in form and
> function it's a lot nicer than JSR-199)

Thanks :)

Well, it didn't get much traction which is why not much has happened.
I think it still has some rough edges ...and haven't had a chance to
spend more time myself.

Contributions are much welcome!

cheers,
Torsten