commons-user mailing list archives

From Joe Littlejohn <joelittlej...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jci] Can someone please make a 1.1 release?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 23:47:21 GMT
Hi Torsten,

I have built the trunk and installed a 1.1-SNAPSHOT to my local
repository - this solves the problem so I really just need what's in
trunk to be available in a release. As an aside, I was having some
unit test failures during the JCI build so I had to run with
-DskipTests=true.

I don't have any particular preference for using the javac compiler,
I'm happy to use the eclipse. In 1.0, however, the eclipse compiler
arguments are overwritten and there's no way to extend the JCI types
to stop this happening as far as I can tell due to the access
modifiers on the relevant classes & methods. If you could make a 1.1
release (or 1.0.1) I think this would make what's there much more
useful (even if there are no more releases in future).

In terms of contribution... what do you need? If you point me in the
direction of some tasks I'd be happy to take a look. Just don't ask me
to implement the JSR-199 based compiler for JCI - I've wrestled with
that API a couple of times now and lost :D

Joe