commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [jci] Can someone please make a 1.1 release?
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:26:08 GMT
>>> I'm not sure whether it's worth investing a
>>> great deal of time in JCI, but I am sure that the trunk is currently a
>>> lot more useful than what's available in a release.

That's true

>> It sounds like it a week of someone's time to wake up [jci], fix the tests, update
the build, etc.

Maybe not a week - but it will take some time to get the build system
up to speed and look into the failing tests.

>> Even if the above is done by a non-committer, a committer needs to take the time
cut at least one RC and the release, which is still a non-trivial process.

I am of course fine to apply patches and cut the RC.

> How is JCI released? Is it using the archiva process or the manual
> one? I probably can help a bit with releasing, but not with fixing the
> test cases.

The release plugin was such PITA for the multi module project setup
that in the end I just used a bash script.
Maybe this pain can be avoided by giving in and using the standard
maven directory structure.