commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: [configuration] individual expression engines in combined configuration
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 01:30:25 GMT
CombinedConfiguration is truly a combined configuration.  The root is the combined configuration
and its properties. As it navigates it will traverse to nodes provided by the other configurations
but it won't get the expression engine from those nodes.  To be honest, I'm not sure how a
CombinedConfiguration could even work properly if it used multiple expression engines.

On Feb 14, 2011, at 4:46 PM, Jon Smith wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't get the individual expression engines to work in a combined
> configuration. For example:
> <configuration>
>  <additional>
>    <xml fileName="myfile.xml"/>
>    <xml fileName="otherfile.xml"><expressionEngine
> config-class="...XPathExpressionEngine"/></xml>
>  </additional>
> </configuration
> Above file still uses DefaultExpressionEngine (i.e., I have to use default
> expressions to get values out instead of xpath for properties found in
> second file). I am using 1.6.
> The fetchNodeList() method, in HierarchicalConfiguration class, calls
> getExpressionEngine() of CombinedConfiguration but not of the individual
> configuration this key is found in.
> User Guide says that both global expression engines, and local, are
> possible.
> Any pointers to what I may be doing wrong?
> Thanks.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message