commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Basepath not set with DefaultConfigurationBuilder/ConfigurationBuilderProvider
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:45:53 GMT
Hi Mike,

Am 24.02.2011 16:04, schrieb Mike Noordermeer:
> Hi,
>
> I've an issue with the DefaultConfigurationBuilder, and I'm wondering if
> I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug.
>
> I've the following structure:
>
> /WEB-INF/config/defs/def-1.xml
> /WEB-INF/config/defs/def-2.xml
> /WEB-INF/config/config1.properties
>
> I use a DefaultConfigurationBuilder, with the following contents in the
> def-1.xml:
>
> <configuration>
> <override>
> <properties fileName="../config1.properties"/>
> <configuration fileName="def-2.xml"/>
> </override>
> </configuration>
>
> I use this code:
>
> DefaultConfigurationBuilder builder = new DefaultConfigurationBuilder();
> builder.setURL(ctx.getResource("/WEB-INF/config/defs/def-1.xml"));
> Configuration c = builder.getConfiguration(true);
>
> This gives an exception:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> Cannot locate configuration source def-2.xml
> at
> org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:217)
>
> [...]
>
> Seems to be that AbstractFileConfiguration.basePath is not set by the
> DefaultConfigurationBuilder.ConfigurationBuilderProvider, while it is
> set by DefaultConfigurationBuilder.FileConfigurationProvider (in
> initBeanInstance(Object, BeanDeclaration)).
>
> Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong and is it not possible/is
> there an other way to include files which are not in the current working
> dir in a DefaultConfigurationBuilder XML.
>
> tia

yes I think you are right: ConfigurationBuilderProvider does not set the
base path which is most likely the source of your problem. Could you
please open a ticket in our bug tracking system [1]?

Thanks for the report and your analysis.

Oliver

[1] http://commons.apache.org/configuration/issue-tracking.html