commons-user mailing list archives

From Mike Noordermeer <m...@normi.net>
Subject [configuration] Basepath not set with DefaultConfigurationBuilder/ConfigurationBuilderProvider
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:04:46 GMT
Hi,

I've an issue with the DefaultConfigurationBuilder, and I'm wondering if
I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug.

I've the following structure:

/WEB-INF/config/defs/def-1.xml
/WEB-INF/config/defs/def-2.xml
/WEB-INF/config/config1.properties

I use a DefaultConfigurationBuilder, with the following contents in the
def-1.xml:

<configuration>
   <override>
   	<properties fileName="../config1.properties"/>
   	<configuration fileName="def-2.xml"/>
   </override>
</configuration>

I use this code:

DefaultConfigurationBuilder builder = new DefaultConfigurationBuilder();
builder.setURL(ctx.getResource("/WEB-INF/config/defs/def-1.xml"));
Configuration c = builder.getConfiguration(true);

This gives an exception:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Cannot locate configuration source def-2.xml
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:217)
[...]

Seems to be that AbstractFileConfiguration.basePath is not set by the
DefaultConfigurationBuilder.ConfigurationBuilderProvider, while it is
set by DefaultConfigurationBuilder.FileConfigurationProvider (in
initBeanInstance(Object, BeanDeclaration)).

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong and is it not possible/is
there an other way to include files which are not in the current working
dir in a DefaultConfigurationBuilder XML.

tia

--
Regards,

Mike Noordermeer