commons-user mailing list archives

From henrib <hen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jexl]
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:42:36 GMT

Hello Karl,

Yes, JEXL (version 2 at least) is still being supported; I'm planning a
release 2.0.2 soon.
I dont know - could not figure out - which projects actually do use JEXL 2.0
(if any).
I do know that it is in use in a couple of deployed professional software.
There aren't any known leaks (none that I'm aware of); caches are
soft-refed, can be explicitly purged and even the class loader used for
dynamic creation can be re-assigned.

About parsing at startup, the JEXL engine instantiates expressions (see
http://commons.apache.org/jexl/apidocs/org/apache/commons/jexl2/package-summary.html#package_description
); you can very easily create/parse all your expressions before usage as you
describe.

Regards,
Henrib