commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Glorioso <mike.glori...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] JRuby can't find rubygems when running from Commons Daemon Jsvc
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:13:00 GMT
I'm running a JRuby application on a small Linux server. I'm attempting to
make the application run as a daemon using Commons Daemon Jsvc. After
implementing the daemon for JRuby as described
here<http://groups.google.com/group/jruby-users/browse_thread/thread/7e8efe102e2e8aa6>by
Nick Griffiths, my application fails to start reporting that the
required
file 'rubygems' cannot be found. When running the application from the
command prompt, rubygems is found and the application runs normally. I have
tried various methods of including the rubygems files in the path when
running as a daemon with little success. Once rubygems has been found,
another file can't be found. I don't want to have to specify the path to
every required file.

Why would running as a daemon cause rubygems to not be found? How can I fix
it?
What other information is needed to help to determine the cause?

Thanks for your time,
-Mike

Arch Linux
jruby 1.4.0 (ruby 1.8.7 patchlevel 174) (2009-11-02 69fbfa3)
commons-daemon-1.0.4
rubygem version 1.3.1