commons-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] procrun - java Property File
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 09:56:18 GMT
2011/1/17 Andreas Mielke <>:
> Hello JP,
> I look at the files and the loading of the properties files is like me. My
> problem is to tell the Apache Common Daemon where is my property file.
> @ Konstantin I try the JvmOption like prunsrv //IS --Description="DMSImport"
> --DisplayName="startImport" --Startup=auto --Type=interactiv
> --Install=java.exe --Jvm=auto --StartMode=Java --StopMode=Java ++JvmOptions

You are not specifying "--Classpath". How java is supposed to find your program?

> -D=C:\Programme\DMS_ImageBrowser\DMSWrapper-binary-1.2\;
> -D=C:\Programme\DMS_ImageBrowser\DMSWrapper-binary-1.2\;
> But I have a FileNotFoundException.
> Of Course I try ++JvmOptions
> -D="C:\Programme\DMS_ImageBrowser\DMSWrapper-binary-1.2\;C:\Programme\DMS_ImageBrowser\DMSWrapper-binary-1.2\;"

That quotes would be

--JvmOptions "-D=C:\Programme\DMS_ImageBrowser\DMSWrapper-binary-1.2\\Programme\DMS_ImageBrowser\DMSWrapper-binary-1.2\"

but anyway, your "-D" makes no sense: you are not specifying the name
of a system property.

> One point the Javaapplication is not writen by me.

Is "DMSWrapper" your program, or it is a part of the "not writen by
me" application?

How is that application run when you do not use your wrapper? -- Does
it load those properties files? How does it find them?   Ask the
developers of the original app. That is why I already asked you:

>> If you were running your app with java(w).exe, what would be your command line?

The file is usually placed into a directory that is
added to the ClassPath (and thus there is no need to specify its
location explicitly).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: