commons-user mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [COMPRESS]tar 2Gb limit?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 15:39:45 GMT
Hi Stefan

Thanks much for the prompt reply.   Good to know compress supports up
to 8GB and I am very eager to try it today.   Do you know if this
sentence is still valid -

The tar package does not support the full POSIX tar standard nor more
modern GNU extension of said standard

since you think compress project should support up to 8GB?  I am
hoping it is no longer valid.  I don't really understand what it
means. :-(

Also, is true streaming supported?

Thanks again

Lin