commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam Mlodzinski <Adam.Mlodzin...@quest.com>
Subject RE: [daemon] Update procrun.html with 64-bit registry details
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:11:55 GMT
Bump - I'm just looking for clarification.

> From: Adam Mlodzinski [mailto:Adam.Mlodzinski@quest.com]
>
> > From: Mladen Turk [mailto:mturk@apache.org]
> >
> > On 12/31/2010 04:09 AM, Adam Mlodzinski wrote:
> > > I noticed today that tomcat5.exe stores details of services in a different
place on 64-bit Windows
> > > compared to 32-bit Windows.
> >
> > They use the same 32-bit location (Wow6432Node) regardless if you run
> > a 32 or 64 bit version of procrun (tomcat5.exe).

So, are you saying that a 32-bit build of tomcat5.exe will use one location (not Wow6432Node)
on a 32-bit machine, but will use a different location (Wow6432Node) when run on a 64-bit
machine? The .exe detects its platform and chooses the registry path accordingly?