commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Zwiers <Jacob.Zwi...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: [validator] Status Of Future Development In Light of Bean Validation and ORO Retirement
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:15:14 GMT
Thanks, Gary.

Upon investigation, it appears that all the changes to remove the Jakarta ORO dependency have
been done under various 1.4 bugs.

So, I can use the 1.4-SNAPSHOT release to get what I need in the short term.

I've also noted the answer some of my original questions (eg. Validator2 seems to be in progress).

That being said, the underlying question remains:  is there a desire among the committers
(given the JSR-303 and validator2 work ongoing) to make a 1.4 release?

If so, where do you see volunteer help being useful?

jz

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Gregory [mailto:GGregory@seagullsoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 10:18 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: RE: [validator] Status Of Future Development In Light of Bean Validation and ORO
Retirement

Hi Jacob,

The best way to get the ball rolling on something like this is to create a patch and attach
it to a JIRA ticket. Next would be getting a release out which means a committer would need
to volunteer and be voted in as the release manager.

Gary Gregory
Senior Software Engineer
Rocket Software
3340 Peachtree Road, Suite 820 . Atlanta, GA 30326 . USA
Tel: +1.404.760.1560
Email: ggregory@seagullsoftware.com