commons-user mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <>
Subject Re: [Math] Levenberg Marquardt Help
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 03:11:09 GMT
It's a pretty unique case I agree.  Long story, but I basically have the start of what is a
normal distribution (Sometimes I get to the top of the bell and sometimes I get a 1/3 of the
way).  So I'd like to find the best fit mean and variance for the set of points.  I'm reading
up on numerical differentiation, etc. but I'm hoping there's some sort of ABC approach to
using the LM Optimizer, otherwise it's going to be a long night :).