commons-user mailing list archives

From Alan Krueger <a...@trigonic.com>
Subject [pool] how to put a hard limit on idle time?
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:47:39 GMT
My development team is trying to leverage the commons-pool
GenericObjectPool with objects that have a hard upper-limit of 5 seconds
of idle time on them.  We have the pool configured to try to evict
objects like this before they're borrowed, but under load the eviction
thread doesn't appear able to guarantee that this occurs.

Would it make sense to either add a setting that sets a maximum idle
time that's checked on borrow, or perhaps expose the idle time (or
pooled object timestamp) to the PoolableObjectFactory?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan Krueger