commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nellissery, Bejoy" <>
Subject [vfs] cache
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:41:21 GMT

I was wondering is there a way to cache the entire file content  in VFS?.
The FileObject is cached , but when called for data , it access the Filesystem.

I tried with RamFileSystem [ram://],  but not useful for high level  API's  in my application
which call  getFile() on a
Resource made out of VFS FileObject and gets error, since URI starts with ram:// and java
expects file://.

I tried with ByteArrayResource cache , constructed out of  VFS FileObject , and supplied to
the high level API's , but
found application turned out to be slow.

Any help on this issue Is highly appreciated.

Bejoy Joseph N