commons-user mailing list archives

From Mike Zhou <mike.z...@interpss.org>
Subject [MATH] Linear equation [A] [X] = [B] solution using Sparse Matrix
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 21:49:16 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use common math library to solve large-scale liner equation
with sparse structure. Use the SpareRealMatrix interface
and OpenMapRealMatrix implementation, I defined my matrix. Then using the LU
decomposition,

new LUDecompositionImpl(A).getSolver().solve(B)

I could find the solution. However, the LU based solution seems to be very
slow. I guess, it solves the sparse matrix as a full matrix.

Question

- Does the LUComposition implementation take full advantage of the sparse
matrix structure
- If yes, where I might be wrong?

I am using common math lib 2.1.

Thanks, Mike Zhou